Tips for Regret-Free Supplier Communication
When a supplier fails to meet expectations, is it automatically the fault of that supplier—or could your communication skills be to blame? Often, supplier failure is the result of some type of mistake in, or in the interpretation of, the communication and not just a supplier inadequacy. In today’s procurement environment, top-notch business communication skills, both written and verbal, are crucial. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the “3 Bases of Communication” that will guide you to communicate in a way that facilitates good supplier performance
- Identify four of the potential components of a complete specification
- Apply analytical thinking and communication skills in procurement
- Apply the three keys of good pricing communication
- Understand how to apply good communication practices when negotiating supplier remedies
- Identify what to watch out for in suppliers’ force majeure clauses
- Utilize price adjustment clauses that avoid common supplier disputes
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 30 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately one hour to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 1 hour of CE credit towards the CPOS, CPOP, CPOM, and CPOE certifications.