How to Present a Case for Better Procurement
Despite the rapid change in the business world, many procurement departments continue to do things “the old way,” even if the old way is inefficient, outdated, and just plain ineffective. Unfortunately, upgrading procurement processes isn’t always easy. It requires management buy-in. And unless you know how to get that buy-in, you’ll be conducting procurement the same old and inefficient way for the foreseeable future. This course will teach you how to get management to support your ideas, enabling you to make better procurement a reality for your organization. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the seven steps for building a case for better procurement and presenting it to management
- Understand how a procurement department can get the attention of a CEO
- Use metrics for baselining procurement performance
- Express the value of procurement improvements
- Apply two strategies for persuading executives to approve a procurement initiative
- Apply the five tips for giving a procurement presentation to management
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 30 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately one hour to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 1 hour of CE credit towards the CPOS, CPOP, CPOM, and CPOE certifications.