Championship-Caliber Negotiation Preparation
Is a lack of procurement negotiation preparation setting you up for failure even before negotiations begin? If you want to achieve championship-caliber negotiation results, you have to become a championship-caliber negotiator. And championship-caliber negotiators know that negotiation preparation is not optional; there are no shortcuts to negotiation success. The adage “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” is very true when it comes to negotiating. By not using the best procurement negotiation preparation techniques, you could be leaving substantial value on the table at each and every negotiation. Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the tasks of championship-caliber negotiation
- Understand the negotiation concept referred to as “Expanding the Pie”
- Identify the characteristics of championship-caliber negotiators
- Conduct negotiation research
- Avoid the negotiation risks of backdoor selling
- Establish negotiation guideposts
This is a self-paced course with no instructor-led forum and you have 30 days from registration to complete all course elements. It should take you approximately one hour to review the material and take any quizzes. All readings are provided in the course.
This course has been pre-approved for 1 hour of CE credit towards the CPOS, CPOP, CPOM, and CPOE certifications.